Just Sport Ireland (“JSI”) is a not for profit dispute resolution service for Irish Sport offering mediation and arbitration. JSI is committed to providing a timely and cost effective independent dispute resolution facility for Irish Sport.
To date 64 National Governing Bodies for Sport have made provision for the referral of disputes to Just Sport Ireland.
JSI is currently seeking applications for:
Two new Directors with legal qualifications for appointment to the JSI Board
Please note that this is a voluntary position and will require attendance at meetings approximately 6 times per year. The directors will be required to contribute to the work of the JSI Board in continuing the strategic development of JSI. Candidates should have experience of and a real interest in alternative dispute resolution. Interested candidates are asked to apply in writing before 10th March enclosing a C.V. The applications must be addressed to the Chairman of Just Sport Ireland, and sent to the registrar email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Role Description- Legal Director
This is a voluntary position and will mainly consist of the following:
- Carry out duties in the best interests of the Board
- Attend Board meetings, including sub-committee or working group meetings where relevant (there are approximately six meetings per year)
- Prepare for and contribute to these meetings
- Undertake specific projects and pieces of work, on occasion, as they emerge from the meetings
- Act as an advocate for JSI to your professional colleagues
- Ensure sound governance by personal and collective actions
- Hold a relevant legal qualification
- An understanding of company law and the legal duties of a Board
- High level of objectivity and independent judgment
- A high level of integrity and probity
- Ability to think and act strategically
- An understanding of finance management
- An ability to work in partnership
- Commitment to equity and equal opportunities
- Experience as a director of a company
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively
- An enthusiasm for the development of JSI
Any person possessing the necessary and appropriate experience in the key competencies associated with being a director of the JSI Board is eligible to apply for the position provided they-
- Meet the requirements of a directorship under the Companies Act 1963-2014
- Are not excluded for any reason from holding a directorship
- Do not possess a criminal record inappropriate for the position within JSI
- Have not previously been removed from the position of director within sport, or been dismissed from any other NGB or related body
As such, having a clear understanding of how sport is structured in Ireland is important. The JSI Board meets approximately six times a year, usually early morning during the week, in Dublin. Although this can vary depending on the individual and JSI activity, it’s expected that the commitment to this role will be around a day every two months.
How to apply
Interested candidates are asked to apply in writing before 10th March to the following email: email@example.com. The applications must be addressed to the Chairman of Just Sport Ireland.